Artist of the week

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Little Indians

The Little Indians: the members Augustine Rampolla
Kyle Gibson
Why do you make Music and what does it mean for you?
I think we make music out of compulsion. I can’t speak for Aug, but I made a conscious decision to try and stop after the rough break up of our last band, and could only last a few weeks before I had to be playing again. I guess it means more to me than I care to admit.

What’s your favourite artist and song?
Probably the medley on abbey road by the beatles, or lack of color by death cab for cutie.

What genres and artists did influence your music?
Anything. Mostly indie rock, pop music from the 60’s, but Augie and I tend to like select musicians or bands from all genres. Lately i’ve been listening to alot of old jazz that i’d like to think is influencing my drumming, but probably isn’t.

How much the live element matters in your Music?
Immensely. Seeing a band who’s record I love, but sounds flawed live ruins it for me. I can’t listen to the record anymore. I don’t think we’d be able to exist as a band if we started playing shows and had to sacrifice whole chunks of the songs because we couldn’t pull it off.

What do you think about Music industry nowdays?
I think it’s a wreck, and that excites us. It’s definitely in it’s last throes and we’re psyched about it. Fuck it.

The Little Indians Album
What is the message that you’d like to express at the people Who listen to your Music?
Our music is pretty personal I think, but I know Aug likes to write songs about good vibes, and people being kind to one another.

Who do you think are the most relevant musicians nowdays?
Hard to say, because we pay next to no attention to current pop music. If I had to guess I’d say bands like coldplay, but passion pit, the shins, death cab for cutie all seem to be having a substantial moment right now, too. 


What is your favourite book and movie?
I don’t know about Aug, but my favorite book is Franny & Zoe and my favorite movie is Ghostbusters.

How and where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
Dead.

 Beatles or Rolling Stones?
BEATLES.

No comments:

Post a Comment