Artist of the week

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Joel Hood

Joel Hood

Who are you? 

Joel Hood, a young chap from the north of England.

Where and when did you start learn to play?
I started playing the piano when I was 10 or 11 I think and started playing drums when I was 17.

What’s your favourite artist and song?
That changes every day. But recent favourites have included The National, Air France and Todd Terje.

What genres and artists did influence your music? 
That also changes every day but I like lots of melodic electronic music and also old old records from Brazil like Milton Nascimento and Jorge Ben.

How much the live element matters in your Music?
I record on a computer mainly with drum machines, synths and keyboards but love to include live percussion, vocals and anything else I can find that will add something to the song.

What do you think about Music industry nowdays?
It’s never been easier to get your music out there but also it is more competitive than ever.

What is the message that you’d like to express at the people Who listen to your Music?
I hope my music brings a sense of escapism and positivity.

Who do you think are the most relevant musicians nowdays?
For me personally it’s people like Caribou and Four Tet.

What is your favourite book and movie?
This also changes regularly, but at the moment it is The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter and The Lives Of Others.

How and where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
Hopefully travelling the world playing shows to lots of good people who like my music.

Beatles or Rolling Stones?
When I was younger it was The Rolling Stones but then my friend told me to listen to A Day In The Life, then it was The Beatles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow us on Facebook and Tumblr



 






No comments:

Post a Comment