Artist of the week

Sunday, February 3, 2013

TYING TIFFANY

Tying Tiffany
-Why do you make Music and what does it mean for you?
The answer is simple... I love doing it!!Make music is the pill that make me feel better day by day, is a way to break away from everything around me. I feel good when making it..



 -Where and when did you start learn to play ?
I played bass in various bands and was singin’ in other projects, but I could hardly bring on projects that weren’t totally mine therefore so, I then took after a solo career ..wasn’t easy at the beginning to put something serious together and doesn’t help the fact that... I’m damn lazy…The first experiments sounded like concrete music, I was definitely inspired by the German electronic, fascinated me because it was impalpable, cosmic....ancestral.


-What's your favourite artist and song?
There are many but I don't like lists, I can tell you who I'm listenening at the moment; Daughn Gibson, Ulterior, Chromatics, Swans


-What genres and artists did influence your music?
My sound is born from what I’ve been listening through my early influences, electronic music, post punk, industrial, wave and deathrock, maybe is still rooted and lives inside my music but when I work on a new record, I usually separate myself from what I’ve listened to create something new that I feel and I would like to buy.




-How much the live element matters in your Music?
It’s something I really enjoy, it gives me a chance to share my ideas with a lot of people, of course this is an important part in my music.

When I'm touring live, I'm performing in front of an audience that's giving me constant feedback. The vibe is huge cause of the energy between me and the audience. This gives me something unique to bring to the studio, because of all that accumulated inspiration I get from the audience.


-What do you think about Music industry nowdays?
The rules of music industry sucks! I believe just in the music not in the system.



-What is the message that you'd like to express at the people Who listen to your Music?
There are several message, everyone can find a close meaning in my music, but this is not essential for me, It is above all a question of harmony, instead of message. My music is made to be connect with the body, to converse with it and generate a powerful wall of sound.


-Who do you think are the most relevant musicians nowdays?
Unfortunately, we never hear about some of the best musicians nowdays.

Most of the people pay attention just for those that are pushed by hipster music magazines/ webzine. There is a real mess between who is a really good artist and who is just a poser.


-Let's talk about the new album?
My last album “Dark Days White Nights” talk about of decadence, alienation, sense of inadequacy, that are addressed in this album with light melancholy, I was inspired by Michelangelo Antonioni and Monica Vitti in the cinema classic "Red Desert" that had been able to describe with great sensitivity the alienation of a modernity devoid of real meaning.


-How would you define your sound?
Hard to say, maybe a weird mixture of wave post-punk and electronic music


-What is your favourite book and movie?
just say what I'm gonna read right now “A visit from the goon squad” by Jennifer Egan and a movie that I really enjoyed recently was “Brotherhood” by Nicolo Donato



Many compare you to style and movements to Alice Glass of Crystal Castles.
What do you think?

I don't ever draw conclusions in a superficial way, as people often do, but someone know I started playing many years ago, she probably was a child, I always had this stupid haircut since I was 5 and I play music since 14yo. To my knowledge CC come with an album in 2008 from Canada with one of the most huge publishing company in the world and many promotional investment that I can't even dream. Can anyone call them indie? I released my first single in 2004 printed by my own from Italy and I've certainly no one who gives me any help. This market is a bit like an election campaign, who has the most loud voice get more visibility. What would happen if in the future an economic giant like NME or Pitchfork made a new website called Indiesway.com? This is the point.


-How and where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
I don't know...everywhere


-Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Rolling Stones!!! Cause' I like only one song of the Beatles”Helter Skelter”

No comments:

Post a Comment