Artist of the week

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

INDIESWAY #INTERVIEW - CHLOE MARTINI


Chloe Martini (born Anna Żmijewska) is a 20-years old Polish beatmaker and electronic music producer, currently based in Warsaw.

-Who are you?
I'm just this girl full of dreams and passionate about music.


- Why did you choose this pseudonym?
By accident, i just randomly combined things i had in my room, which was Chloe perfume and Martini bottle.

-Nowadays it's kind of hard to find young women in the indie-electro genre, what do you think about it? Do you have any female model to whom you relate?
There are not too many female producers these days, sadly. I'd say that my favourite one is Patrice Rushen and i must admit that i adore 80s pop music so badly.7

What genres and artists influenced your music the most?
80s-90s pop, rnb and disco are deffinately my main inspirations. Lately i also love the laid-back feeling of neo-soul music. Ryuichi Sakamoto, Jamiroquai, James Blake, SOS Band, Earth Wind & Fire, Michael Jackson just to name a few.

- How would you define your sound?
Soulful, most deffinatelly. I don't really like labeling music, but my tracks are fullfilled with my soul, that's for sure.

-Recently you released a single named "Temptation", what's your temptation?
Chocolate!

-By the choices of your released singles i can imagine that fashion has a relevant role in your music, do you agree? What's cool nowadays?
I don't know, i think i do all that subconsciously. I listen to a lot of music, very diverse music. I never look at what's cool now and what's not, i just follow my instinct and simply listen to music that i like.

-You come from Poland. What do you think about the music coming from your country and how how do you see yourself in relation to Europe?
Lately we have some really cool events in Poland. I can tell that more and more people are starting to listen underground producers which makes me really happy. I'm sure tho that it's still different here than in Paris, London, Amsterdam or Berlin. But i can't complain 

-What's your favourite artist and song?
Right now i'd say its Pomo - Work It Out, the outro is just wow.

-Who do you think are the most relevant musicians nowadays and who are you listening to the most?
Just like i mentioned before, Pomo, new HW&W artist came out of nowhere and just blew my mind. I also admire Mr. Carmack, his productions are so crazy but at the same time very storytelling and full of soul. 

-Wanna talk us about your Heineken Open'er Festival experience? How much does the live element matter in your music?
It was my first performance ever, but a great one, greatest so far. For me it's amazing to show on stage slightly different, more experimental version of records that we can hear on radio or itunes. But i'm not really a fan of doing live performances with APC plugged to your laptop and lounching the clips from Ableton, it's still like DJing to me. I'd love one day to play my tunes with whole real band (bass, drums, guitars, rhodes etc.) on stage. That's the real shit, not easy to achive tho.

-If you could pick an artist or a band to play with on a stage, who would you choose?
Pharell Williams, The Internet and Tyler, The Creator. 

-What do you think about the music industry nowadays?
It's just getting worst and worst. The lyrics means nothing, productions are all the same, just repeating all same patterns. But there are talented musicians out there, just mass media don't talk about them, sadly the people who aren't talented, let's just call them products, are the most popular. It's all about marketing and money, besically people from marketing business are doing a great job because people are really buying their products. We're just blind, this is sad. 

-What is the message that you'd like to express to the people who listen to your music?
Don't think, just feel. 

-What is your favourite book and movie?
Book: "Catcher In The Rye", Movie: i have many, but i really love Tarantino movie "Four Rooms"

-How and where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
In a studio producing records for talented soul singers-songwriters.

-Pc or Mac?
Since i have Mac, i'd say Mac, but i still have sentiment to PC.

-Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Beatles










No comments:

Post a Comment